We've got typical weather today. It is gloomy, rainy and cloudy. Got me reminiscing about a time long ago, three weeks to be exact, when we cycled leisurely through the tulip fields and dunes. Previously I had visited the Keukenhof Gardens when it was past the prime for tulips blooming (May 2011) and too early in March 2013. This time I was ready to get it right!
With our friend Norma, Adam and I ventured out on a Sunday afternoon to join the thousands of tourists that flock to this area each year. It gives me a feeling of conflict to do tourist-ey things in my country of residence, but this one is worth it. We took the bus from Leiden Centraal to Keukenhof and waited in line for about 45 minutes to rent bikes. Then... freedom! For about 5 hours (including a stop for a few beers at a beach-side restaurant) we were off on our adventure. Trying to figure out our location on a map is never easy when all you see are tulip fields.
Alas, enjoy the photos!
| The only modified photo- antiqued because I like light pink. |
| Norma! |
| Only pic with orange tulips. I guess Adam didn't notice her, even though she was front and center. |
| Iowa State University style. |
Now I'm just hoping for some summer weather to come our way! Have a great rest of your spring.
awesome pics! definitely worth it!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Ruth! How Beautiful!
ReplyDelete